GUE Recreational Diver 1
The most thorough and exciting initial diving training available! Learn to dive in a fun and yet challenging environment that will help you to develop safe diving practices and prepare you for more adventurous and challenging dives!
The GUE Recreational Diver Level 1 course is designed to develop the essential skills required for all sound diving practice. It helps the non-diver cultivate a platform that supports comfort, confidence, and competence in the water, as well as more advanced training in the future.
The Recreational Diver Level 1 course is conducted over a minimum of five days, and includes fourteen dives and at least forty hours of instruction, encompassing classroom, land drills, and in-water work.
GUE base configuration.
Note: Prior to the commencement of class, students should consult with a GUE representative to verify equipment requirements.
Applicants for a Rec 1 course must:
- • Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
- • Be physically and mentally fit.
- • Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies such as hyperbaric treatment, e.g. DAN Master-level insurance or equivalent.
- • Be a nonsmoker.
- • Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- • Be a minimum of 16 years of age.