- Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Sat & Sun: 7:30am - 6:00pm
Learn to Scuba Dive in Sydney
Getting started is as easy as 1 2 3.... into the classroom for theory, jump into the pool to practice techniques and get familiar with the equipment then out into the open water to escape, explore and experience the underwater sea life and pristine reefs. Take the next challenge with Sydney's premier Dive Centre taking you to the next level.
- Fitness: You should have a general level of fitness and be able to demonstrate basic water skill comfort (i.e Swim 200m - this can be done over various times and any stroke can be used and tread water for 10 minutes).
- Minimum Age: You must be 12 years or over to complete the course qualify for the PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification, which may be upgraded to PADI Open Water Diver certification upon reaching 15 years.
- Identification: You also need to bring 2 passport-sized photos for your PADI certification card.
- Medical: Pass a dive medical to Australian Standard A.S 4005-1
Australian standards require that you pass a recreational diving medical, AS4005.1, before beginning your course. You will need to bring your completed medical with you on day 1 of the course. A dive medical costs around $55 and can be taken at the medical centre at 248 Bondi Road, Bondi (Tel: 9389 8000), or contact your usual doctor to find out if they can conduct dive medicals.
Dive Centre Bondi's range of courses -
Scuba Diving Courses
Speciality Dive Courses
During your course you will dive some of Sydney's best dive sites including beautiful Bondi Beach. The PADI International Open Water Scuba Diver Certification is recognised in over 80 countries - completion of the course will enable participation in diving activities worldwide.