- Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Sat & Sun: 7:30am - 6:00pm
PADI Dive Master Course
The PADI Divemaster Course will transform you into a leadership level diver. As a Divemaster you will be able to work as a diver and get paid to go diving! Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship and a series of practical training exercises.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The bulk of the dive theory is done online through E-learning. On booking you will be sent an access pass to complete this at your leisure prior to day one. The course take 10 days.
The first 6 days of training are set and can be done part time over 3 consecutive weekends or Mon –Sunday with Friday as a day off.
- Day 1: Introduction, dive theory review
- Day 2: Waterman ship skills and skill demonstrations
Day 3: Practical applications
- Dive site setup and management
- Dive briefings
- Search and recovery
- Day 4: Deep dive
Day 5: Divemaster conducted programs workshop- confined water
- Scuba review
- Skin Diver
- Discover scuba
Day 6: Divemaster conducted programs workshop -Open water
- Discover scuba
- Discover local diving
After day 1-6 is complete you may complete the final 4 days following our course schedules joining our PADI Instructors for your Practical assessments.
- Day 7: Open water dive students in confined water
- Day 8: Open water diver students in Open water
- Day 9: Continuing education students in Open water
- Day10: Certified divers in Open water
To take this course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
HOW MUCH AND WHAT'S INCLUDED?
The Divemaster course is $1250 and includes:
- E-Learning access pass
- DM Enhancement pack
- 10 days course tuition
- Tanks and weights
The tanks and weights are included in the course cost. The regs & BCD can be hired @ $300 for the duration of the course. Safety is of paramount importance to us and there are a few pieces of personal equipment that we require you to provide to become a Divemaster:
- Personal equipment: Mask, snorkel, boots & fins - required by DCB on all courses for hygiene and comfort. If you do not have your own, our staff will help you select some, off which you will receive a student discount.
- Dive log book
- Dive knife
- SMB (surface marker buoy)
- Underwater Slate
By enrolling in a Divemaster course you've demonstrated that you're serious about your diving. At this level, you should be looking at investing in your own gear. When booking onto our Divemaster program you will receive a $500 voucher to spend on hardware!Select a course Buy as a gift Send to a friend